Today, I have a fun new recipe that’s basically a stir fry. The great thing about sir fry like this Cashew Chicken with Noodles is it come together fast.
This recipe uses rice noodles, which I really like. However, when I made this for my family, the weren’t so hip on the rice noodles. So next time, I’ll just use good old fettuccine noodles instead.
This dish could also be gluten free using the rice noodles if you use the proper substitute for soy sauce and made sure your chili sauce was gluten free too.
- 8 oz uncooked rice noodles (I would use fettuccine noodles next time)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 6 green onions, use green parts and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 1 cup unsalted cashews, chopped
- Cook rice noodles according to package directions.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together soy sauce, cornstarch, and garlic. Add in chicken as stir to coat.
- In a large skillet, add the canola and sesame oils. Add chicken and cook until no longer pink. Add in onions and cook for another minute.
- Add cooked noodles to the skillet and stir to combine. Add in the sweet chili sauce and cashews and stir to combine. Serves 4-5.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.