My family loves pesto. It is such a great ingredient that can add a nice amount of flavor. My family also loves mac and cheese. So, I thought why not combine the to together. This pesto mac and cheese would be excellent on it’s own but the pesto gives it a nice fresh punch.
This is also made on the stove top, so it’s another great meal for summer. It also is a great side dish too.
- 8 oz of tube pasta
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/3 cup milk
- 6 oz. grated cheese – you can change up your mix, but I did 3 oz. mozzarella, 2 oz. cheddar, 1 oz. Parmesan
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup pesto
- Cooking the pasta according to the package directions.
- While its cooks, whisk together the egg and milk in a bowl.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain and return to the pot over medium heat. Stir in the butter until melted.
- Then mix in the egg/milk mixture, stirring quickly so the egg does not scramble.
- Now stir in the cheese, about an ounce at a time, so the cheese melts nice and smooth. When it has totally melted, stir in the salt, pepper, and pesto. Serves 4 as a main dish.
Recipe adapted from PDXFoodLove.