I had leftovers from the Crock pot Beef Roast and Veggies. So I went to allrecipes.com and found this recipe for Beef Pot Pie. I used my leftover carrots and potatoes, roast, and I had two cups of gravy. Now the recipe calls for gravy in a jar, which I am not a fan of the flavor. I was still a little short on the gravy that the recipe called for so I made a package of brown gravy to add to it.
Make sure you cook this long enough. I had to cook it longer than the recipe called for because the crust was still a little runny underneath. The whole family loved it and it was a good way to use my leftovers. I think this would have been even better if you mixed a little cheese into the crust mixture. Tomorrow I’ll share another recipe that I use for leftover roast beef.
- RED POTATOES
- DICED COOKED BEEF
- JARS BEEF GRAVY, LEFTOVER GRAVY, OR PREPARED BROWN GRAVY
- BEEF BOUILLON GRANULES
- BEAU MONDE ™ SEASONING OR BON APPETTIT SEASONING
- SALT AND PEPPER
- BUTTERMILK BAKING MIX
- 2 peeled and cubed red potatoes (I used my leftover carrots and potatoes)
- 3/4 cup carrots, cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 3/4 cups diced cooked beef
- 2 (12 ounce) jars beef gravy ( I used 2 cups leftover gravy with 1 pkg prepared brown gravy)
- 1 tsp beef bouillon granules
- 1 tsp Beau Monde ™ seasoning (You can also use Bon Appettit seasoning)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup buttermilk baking mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Place potatoes and carrots in a medium saucepan and fill with water to cover. Cover and cook over medium high heat until almost done (about 10 to 15 minutes). Drain and let cool for a few minutes. (I had leftovers all ready cooked)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl combine the potatoes, carrots, onion, beef, gravy, bouillon and seasoning. Season with salt and pepper to taste and mix all together.
- In a large bowl combine the baking mix, milk and egg and mix together until smooth. Pour beef mixture into an ungreased 9 inch deep dish pie plate (I used a square 9×9 dish). Pour pastry dough on top.
- Bake in preheated oven 25 to 30 minutes, until crust is golden.