This recipe for Crock Pot Sweet and Sour Meatballs is a throw and go crock pot recipe that I came up with. It is so easy. If you don’t want to use bottled sweet and sour sauce you can use the ketchup/grape jelly mixture from my other recipe for quick sweet and sour meatballs. You can also use barbecue sauce or chili sauce in place of the ketchup in that recipe too. This gives it a little more kick.
I have used Yoshida’s Hawaiian Sweet and Sour, World Harbor’s Hawaiian Style Sweet and Sour, or La Choy Sweet and Sour Sauce to make this. They all work well. I occasionally you can buy big bottle of the Yoshida’s Sweet and Sour Sour Sam’s Club or Costco. However, they don’t carry it year round.
This is a great dump and go recipe for the slow cooker. Just add some frozen meatballs in a crock pot along with some green pepper and onion. Pour some sweet and sour sauce over it all. Then, cook on low for 4 hours. During the last hour of cooking you add in the pineapple. Serve this over cooked rice.
- FROZEN FULLY COOKED MEATBALLS
- GREEN PEPPER
- BOTTLED SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE
- CANNED PINEAPPLE TIDBITS
- 1 (16 oz) pkg. frozen fully cooked meatballs
- 1 onion, diced (optional)
- 1 green pepper, diced (optional)
- 1 (16-18 oz) bottled sweet and sour sauce
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits, drained (optional)
- Put the frozen meatballs in the crock pot along with pepper and onion if desired. Pour sauce over and cook on low for 4 hours.
- During the last hour of cooking add pineapple if desired.
- Serve over cooked rice. Serves 6.
You can also use this recipe as an appetizer. If using as an appetizer, just use enough sauce to coat the meatballs before cooking (appox. half the bottle).
Original photo from the post. Photo above was updated in June 2013.