This post may contain affiliate links.
Recently, I saw this recipe for Crock Pot Beef Roast and Veggies on Tina’s blog, Mommy’s Kitchen. I have heard of a recipe like this before, but never tried it. I figured if Tina makes it, then it had to be good.
It was quite easy to make and very tasty. I cooked my veggies for 10 minutes, but next time I think I will only cook them for 8. My potatoes were a little too cooked. So in the directions below I put 8 to 10 minutes. You could even forgo the whole veggie thing and just do mashed potatoes separately. I also need to add an additional can of cream of mushroom soup at the end. The gravy wasn’t as thick as I like it, but I also used a 4 pound roast.
I also should have given the gravy a taste before serving it. I think I should have added some bouillon granules to the gravy. The gravy need a little more flavor. Again I am guessing this is due to the fact I used a 4 pound roast. I will definitely make this again. Since I did use a 4 pound roast we had leftovers. I have leftover veggies, roast and carrots, so tonight I’m going to try to use them all to make a pot pie. I let you know how it turns out in a few days.
Crock pot Beef Roast and Veggies
- 1 (2 or 3 lb) beef pot roast of your choice
- 1 (10 3/4 oz) Cream of Mushroom Soup (You man need another can at the end)
- 1 packet Lipton Dry Onion Soup Mix
- pepper (to taste)
- Carrots & Potatoes (I did one potato per person and half a 1 lb. bag of baby carrots)
- Rinse roast with water and place in slow cooker. Add dry onion soup mix and cream of mushroom soup. Cover and set slow cooker on low and cook for 6 – 7 hours. Turn pot roast over about half way through cooking time.
- Peel carrots and potatoes and cut into pieces. Par-boil the veggies for about 8-10 minutes before adding to the crock pot. That way the veggies cook all the way through and they are not mushy when the roast is done. Add the veggies to the crock pot for the last hour of cooking. Sprinkle with pepper. The meat just falls apart and this recipes makes it own gravy. If you want a thicker gravy, I just add another can of cream of mushroom soup.
This is the original photo for this post. The above photo was updated in February 2018.
[…] Crock Pot Beef Roast and Veggies […]
this recipe is the best….I also sprinkle the meat with freshly ground black pepper before cooking…..I slice an onion and lay the meat on onion slices as well as covering the meat with onion slices before I add the mushroom soup/ onion soup combo……deelish
[…] recipe is basically a spin off of the recipe I have shared for Crock Pot Beef Roast and Gravy minus the veggies. And the roast is swapped out for the cubed steak. This is delicious and a hit […]
I have never been able to cook a roast. I don’t know what my problem is. I think I will give yours a try. Sounds and looks great!
This sounds like a delicious way to fix a roast…I may dust off that crockpot yet! I love your blog & all of your recipes – so glad I found you.