I am in love with these bbq chicken tostadas! They are like a cross between a tostada and a bbq chicken pizza. Both if which I love. It includes chicken, barbecue sauce, mozzarella, and green onion. Fresh cilantro is also another good option. Use it in place of the green onion or in addition to.
This really is a quick dinner to make. Especially if you just use some rotisserie chicken. Just prep the chicken while you cook the corn tortillas in the oven.
Usually when I make tostadas, I use those ready to use versions that they have at the grocery stores. You know, the ones that are a like a big round tortilla chip. Well, this time I made my own tostada shells with corn tortillas. Now let me tell you, it was so worth the extra effort to make my own tostada shells. I even add a little salt to one side when I bake them. They taste so much better. I don’t think I’ll ever buy those pre-made toastada shells again.
- CORN TORTILLAS
- OLIVE OIL
- BARBECUE SAUCE
- MOZZARELLA CHEESE
- GREEN ONIONS
- 8 corn tortillas
- olive oil
- 3 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 1 1/2 cups barbecue sauce, divided (I like Sweet Baby Ray’s)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly brush both sides of the tortillas with olive oil and place on a baking sheet. Lightly sprinkle to top side with salt if desired. Baked at 400 degrees for 4-5 minutes per side, until crispy. Turn oven down to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine the chicken and 1 cup of the bbq sauce together.
- Divide the chicken between the tostada shells and top each with 1/4 cup of cheese.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes, just until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle with the remaining ½ cup barbecue sauce. Sprinkle with green onions. Makes 8 servings.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
This recipe is adapted from Cupcakes and Kale Chips.