I found this recipe for All-American Burgers back in 2009. The recipe was in an issue of Family Circle that my mom had. It’s another great way to make a burger. The family has loved it and it’s made with ingredients you probably already have in your home.
These bugers are moist and full of flavor. They would be prefect to serve up on the 4th of July. Making you own burger patties are so much better than getting those pre-shaped hamburger patties from the store. Now, all you need is a handy dandy patty maker. Also, be sure to pick a higher fat content with your beef. You want that higher fat for juicy and flavorful burgers. An 80/20 ratio is perfect for burgers.
- Total Time: 27 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- 6 hamburger buns
- 1 1/2 pounds ground sirloin or ground round (I just used ground beef)
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 6 slices American cheese slices
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, cored and sliced
- topping – ketchup, mustard, mayo, pickles, and lettuce
- In a mixing bowl, combine beef, Worcestershire, garlic powder, salt, Italian seasoning, and paper.
- Shape into 6 patties and grill until cooked through. Top with cheese slices to melt cheese and remove from grill.
- Transfer patties to buns and top with onion and tomato. Serve with toppings. Serves 6.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Beef
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: American
This photo is from when this recipe was first posted in September 2009.
PS – yummy burger and great photo!
Hi Laura – stop by my blog when you get a chance… I tagged your blog in my blog questionnaire.
My husband found an "All American Burger" Recipe several years ago on MSN that is a huge HIT. It is kind of similar but you make a sauce that you baste the burgers with while grilling. As always, I'm more than happy to share.
Ok, I am going to be coming by your blog for inspiration again and again! I was googling for Golden Graham S'mores bars and your site came up. Glad it did! Yumminess!!!
MMMMMMMMM,…the burger looks so good!!
These look great, Laura. Love the photo, too. Nothing beats a good ole cheeseburger. Thanks for sharing.