Pizza. It’s one of those people pleasing meals. It is something that is safe to serve because it is so well loved. We have pizza at least once a week for dinner at our house and this bbq chicken french bread pizza is one of the ways we enjoy it.
French bread pizza has always been a nice quick option. Instant pizza crust can speed the meal preparation process along. Pizza is also quick because with most of the toppings, cutting is the only preparation needed.
Rotisserie chicken is your friend for this bbq chicken french pizza recipe. No need to cook chicken if you grab one of those. This pizza recipe can be ready to eat in 20 minutes if your chicken is already cooked.
I love the flavor combination with bbq chicken pizza and yet, it is so simple. we are talking bbq sauce, chicken, cheese, and red onion. I also enjoy the addition of cilantro, but if cilantro ain’t your thing you can forget it.
Now this is made on french bread. You can but one big loaf and cut it into pieces to serve. However, I purchased french bread sandwich rolls to make this. Then you end up with 8 individual mini bread pizzas.
- 1 loaf french bread or 4 french bread sandwich rolls
- 3/4 cup bbq sauce (I use Sweet baby Ray’s), divided
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella, divided
- 1 cup cooked and diced chicken
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut french bread or rolls in halve lengthwise.
- Spread bbq sauce over the bread saving about 2 Tbsp of sauce if desired for drizzling before serving.
- Sprinkle 3/4 cup of cheese over the bread. Then top with chicken and red onion. Then sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 12-17 minutes until cheese has melted and started to brown.
- Drizzle with reserved bbq sauce and sprinkle with cilantro if desired. Serves 8-10.
Recipe adapted from Like Mother Like Daughter.