Zucchini is taking the form of fries today. Even better is that they are baked zucchini fries. These fries get a nice crunch breading on them.
I loved the idea of using a packet of Shake and Bake as part of the coating. I don’t really know if it matters, but I used the pork variety. The zucchini first gets a coating in flour. Then, you coat them in an water/egg mixture. Last, is the crunchy coating made with Shake and Bake, Parmesan cheese, and salt .
These were quite yummy. You can dip these baked zucchini fries in ranch dressing or marinara sauce. Either one is great.
- 3 small zucchini (around 1 lb.)
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 packet Shake & Bake Coating Mix
- salt, to taste
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Heat oven to 450ºF. Trim the zucchini and cut each in half width wise. Then cut each half into 1/4 inch sticks.
- In a bowl, combine the Parmesan cheese, coating mix, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the egg and water together. Place flour in another bowl.
- Coat zucchini with flour. Then place zucchini in the egg mixture followed by the parmesan cheese/coating mix.
- Place on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake at 450 for 12 to 13 min. or until golden brown, rotate the baking sheet 180 degrees halfway through baking for even cooking. Serve with ranch dressing or marinara sauce for dipping.
Recipe adapted from Kraft.