It is now fall and it’s time for my annual week of apple recipes. I always have a hard time picking just a few to share. We are starting off the week with delicious apple butter waffles with cinnamon syrup.
This waffles recipe is simple. There is no need for seperating eggs and whipping whites with this one. However, you always can if you want fluffier waffles. However, it isn’t nesessary with this recipe.
All the flavor in the waffles comes stictly from the waffle butter. If you have’t used apple butter before you can find it with the jams in the store. It’s kind of like a super cinnamon apple sauce. It adds so much flavor with just a small amount.
To finish these apple butter waffles off, you top them with a homemade cinnamon syrup. The syrup is made using brown sugar, cinnamon, water, cornstarch, butter, and vanilla. This syrup adds even more fall flavor but isn’t too sweet.Print
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup apple butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- For the Cinnamon Syrup:
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 Tbps butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt. Whisk together .
- In another bowl, add the milk, Musselman’s apple butter, eggs,and canola oil. Whisk together.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture. Stir to combine.
- Cook according to your waffle iron’s instructions.
- To make the cinnamon syrup: add the brown sugar and cinnamon to a small saucepan. In a bowl, whisk the cornstarch into the cold water. Pour it into the pan with the brown sugar and cinnamon. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Stir and continue cooking until the brown sugar dissolves completely.
- Remove it from the heat, stir in the butter and vanilla.
- Serve waffles with the cinnamon syrup. Makes 4-6 waffles depending on your waffle maker.
This recipe is adapted from Sugar Dish Me.