This week may be Thanksgiving, but I am gonna get you ready for Christmas with a weeks worth of cookie recipes. We are starting with Amish Sugar Cookies.
They will be perfect for a cookie exchange or a tasty addition to a holiday party. First up is a simple yet tasty sugar cookie. No frosting require and no rolling needed. Just grab your handy cookie scoop.
These cookies are just sweet enough with a nice buttery flavor. Plus, they are soft and tender. I had a hard time keeping my hand out of the cookie jar that was stocked well with these beauties.
Next time, I’m gonna try to swap about the vanilla extract for almond extract!
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl, beat together the butter, oil, and both sugars.
- Add eggs and vanilla, beat in until well combined.
- Add in baking soda, cream of tartar, and flour. beat until just combined.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop dough onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375 for 8 to 10 minutes until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. Makes about 5 dozen.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.