This post contains affiliate links.
Today’s cookie recipe is nice and festively dotted with mini green and red M&M’s. This is just one ingredient to the winning trio that makes these Holiday Oatmeal Peanut Butter Bars so tasty.
In addition to the chocolate mini M&M pieces, you have oats and peanut butter. If you use gluten free oats then these bars will be gluten free! They are moist, soft, and sure to please.
Holiday Oatmeal Peanut Butter Bars
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups peanut butter **
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup Holiday Mini M&M baking pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9 x 13 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Place the rolled oats in a food processor (or you can use a high powered blender such as a Blendtec). Pulse until the oats are coarsely ground.
- Add in the egg, peanut butter, honey, baking soda, salt and vanilla. Process until well combined and the dough forms a ball. Remove the blade and mix in the mini M&M’s.
- Press the dough into the parchment lined baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 22-24 minutes until lightly browned and s toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool completely and cut into bars. Makes 12-16 bars.
** Do not use natural peanut butter in these bars or you will end up with a very dry end product.
Recipe adapted from Foodfanatic.
[…] Holiday Oatmeal Peanut Butter Bars […]
[…] Cookies with Sea Salt | Like Mother Like Daughter Red Velvet Sandwich Cookies | Jamie Cooks it Up! Holiday Oatmeal Peanut Butter Bars | Real Kitchen […]
Really nice bars that whole family would enjoy 🙂