Today’s cookie recipe is nice and festively dotted with mini green and red M&M’s. This is just one ingredient to the winning trio that makes these Holiday Oatmeal Peanut Butter Bars so tasty.
In addition to the chocolate mini M&M pieces, you have oats and peanut butter. If you use gluten free oats then these bars will be gluten free! They are moist, soft, and sure to please.
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups peanut butter **
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup Holiday Mini M&M baking pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9 x 13 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Place the rolled oats in a food processor (or you can use a high powered blender such as a Blendtec). Pulse until the oats are coarsely ground.
- Add in the egg, peanut butter, honey, baking soda, salt and vanilla. Process until well combined and the dough forms a ball. Remove the blade and mix in the mini M&M’s.
- Press the dough into the parchment lined baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 22-24 minutes until lightly browned and s toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool completely and cut into bars. Makes 12-16 bars.
** Do not use natural peanut butter in these bars or you will end up with a very dry end product.
Recipe adapted from Foodfanatic.