There was no garden at my house this year. (tears falling) My garden was replaced with a shed. Then, I didn’t have the time, money, or energy to make a new garden. We have been finishing our basement so my oldest can have a room of his own downstairs. Needless to say, the garden was placed too low on the priority list to make an appearance this year, maybe next year. However, I couldn’t let the summer go by without some kind of ode to the beautifully versatile green skinned zucchini. So I have a zucchini round up for you today.
I love zucchini!
It is seriously one of my favorite veggies. I have been lucky enough to receive a zucchini here and there from family and friends this summer. However, when I have them I just want to prepared my favorite ways and eat it. So, I have not ventured out this year with any new recipes. Consequently, I decided to come up with a zucchini round up of my top 10 favorite (well actually 11) zucchini recipes. If you have the green stuff in your house, I recommend picking at least one thing from this list.
- Zucchini Marinara Subs – use zucchini in place of meatballs, much healthier and tastes so yummy!
- Zucchini Noodles – a great alternative to pasta.
- Cheese Stuffed Zucchini Rolls – I even love to eat the zucchini this way minus the cheese!
- Zucchini Cake with Sour Cream Frosting – the frosting is really what makes this cake extra yummy!
- Zucchini Flatbread – this is great for lunch, as a side, or even as a snack!
- Panko Encrusted Fried Zucchini – a great appetizer or side, but I love to eat it as my meal.
- Pineapple Zucchini Cake – this is my FAVORITE zucchini cake!
- Baked Zucchini with Mozzarella – a quick and yummy way to serve zucchini on the side.
- Praline Zucchini Bundt – this one you make with a cake mix!
- Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins – this is my families favorite thing for me to make!
- Lemon Blueberry Zucchini Cake – need I say more?