It is hard to believe I have never shared a recipe for walking tacos before now. It is one of those fun fall meals. Walking Tacos are a perfect party food option great for tailgating or even for Halloween.
All the ingredients get layered into a bag a chips which is used as the base. You can use bags of Doritos or Fritos. I personally love the fritos.
The first layer that tops the chips is a meat and bean mixture – basically a chili. The chili I use is a cinch to make thanks to Bush’s Chili Beans. They now have some new varieties in additional to the pinto and red bean chili beans. They have expanded the varieties to now include black beans, kidney beans, and great northern beans. I used the new kidney chili beans in this recipe but the pinto chili beans or red bean chili beans would also work just fine!
This chili is great to use in other items you need a nice thick and meaty chili. I also like to use it on Navajo tacos or for chili dogs.
These walking tacos get finished off with whatever toping you like to top your chili or tacos with. We like to use cheese, sour cream, and green onions. However, feel free to use tomatoes, jalapenos, cilantro, lettuce, avocado, guacamole, salsa, etc.
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 lb. beef
- 1 pkt chili seasoning mix
- 1 10 oz can diced tomatoes and green chilies (like Ro*Tel)
- 1 can Bush's Kidney Chili Beans Red Chili Beans, or Pinto Chili Beans
- 6 snack sized packages of Fritos
- Toppings: shredded cheddar cheese sour cream and sliced green onions
- In a large skillet, brown beef until no longer pink; drain.
- Add in chili seasoning mix, tomatoes and chili beans; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Just before serving, open corn chip bags. Top with beef mixture and toppings as desired. Serves 6.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. I am a brand ambassador for Bush’s Bean. My opinions are my own.