This weeks posts are all for Father’s Day. I have 4 breakfast recipes for ya and one dish you can grill up for dinner. We are starting the week off with Waffles for a King. Now, not only are this intended to be served to the your King of the Castle for Father’s Day, but they were inspired by the King of Rock and Roll – the one and only Elvis.
I absolutely love to watch Elvis movies. I have loved them since I was a young girl. Now Elvis loved the combination of peanut butter, banana, and marshmallow so that is what is used in this breakfast – a peanut butter waffle topped with fresh banana slices and a scoop of marshmallow fluff! Now you can always change the toppings for anything that goes well with peanut butter. However, I must say I love this combination.
Waffles for a King
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 3 bananas, sliced, for serving
- marshmallow fluff, for serving
- syrup, for serving
- Pre-heat waffle iron. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the butter and peanut butter until smooth, about 1 minute. Add buttermilk and eggs and whisk until combined, about another 1 minute.
- Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture and stir just until batter is combined.
- Cook waffles according to waffle maker instructions. Serve topped with banana slices, add a drizzle with syrup, and finish it with a spoonful of marshmallow fluff.