I recently shared a quick and easy way to make a calzone using biscuit dough and a waffle maker. Well, today I took that same concept and turned it into waffled breakfast sandwiches.
I use the regular biscuits to make these but if you want less biscuit, use the flaky layer biscuits and separate them in half. This will give you 8 sandwiches instead so up the ham and cheese to 8 pieces.
Waffled Breakfast Sandwiches
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 16.3-ounce package Pillsbury Grands! Refrigerated Biscuits
- 6 eggs scrambled to soft set
- 4 slices cheddar or colby jack cheese
- 4 pieces thinly sliced smoked ham
- Flatten out the biscuits by hand to make them bigger and thinner.
- Place about some of the scrambled egg on 4 of the flattened biscuits followed by a slice of cheese and a slice of ham.
- Top each with another flattened biscuit. Press dough around edge to seal each biscuit.
- Place in the center of a preheated waffle maker.
- Close lid; cook 2 or so minutes or until waffle is golden brown.
- Repeat until all the waffle sandwiches are filled and cooked. Makes 4 sandwiches.
Recipe adapted from Southern Bite.