There’s something about a simple breaded chicken. Only a few ingredients are needed to made something tastylike this Maple Pretzel Chicken.
However, if you change up the ingredients you use to bread the chicken in, you can end up with something amazing. Today’s recipe adds maple syrup to the egg used to bread the chicken and then the actual breading is crushed up pretzels.
You end up with the combination of sweet and salty that I love. So tasty, so easy. It’s ready to eat in 20 minutes!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I use 2 large ones and cut them in half lengthwise to get 4, you want them even in thickness for even cooking)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed pretzels
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg and maple syrup.
- In another bowl, add the pretzel crumbs.
- Dip chicken in the egg mixture followed but the crushed pretzels. Coat well.
- Add oil to a skillet heated over medium heat. Cook chicken in the skillet for about 5-6 minutes per side until fully cooked. Serves 4.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.