I love it when I can find one recipe that can be utilized in many ways. That is exactly what I have for you today with this versatile shredded beef.
This is a recipe for shredded beef made in your slow cooker. This beef is flavorful and can be used in just about any recipe you need shredded beef for. Here is just a small list of ideas to use it for.
Sliders: Serve on slider buns or rolls with cheese slices, mayo, mustard, ketchup and pickles.
BBQ Sandwiches: Stir BBQ sauce and serve on hamburger buns.
Mexican dishes: Serve in quesadillas, tacos, nachos, or enchiladas.
Pot-roast dinner: Use the cooking broth to make gravy and serve over pasta, rice, or mashed potatoes.
Italian Beef Sandwiches: Serve with grilled peppers and onions along with some mozzarella or provolone cheese on a toasted bun.
Philadelphia Sandwiches: Serve with grilled peppers, onions and mushrooms with cheese served on a hoagie bun.
French Dip Sandwiches: Serve on a hoagie with Swiss cheese and use the broth to dip your sandwich.
- 2 cups hot water
- 3 Tbsp beef bouillon
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 4 Tbsp dried onion
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes (leave out if making french dips and gravy)
- ½ tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 lbs of boneless chuck roast or bottom round (trimmed of large fat chunks)
- Add everything to the crock pot except the beef. Whisk to dissolve the bouillon.
- Add the beef roast to the crock pot flipping once to coat.
- Cook on low for about 6-8 hours. Check at 3 hours and you can flip the meat at this point.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the beef to a plate and shred with 2 forks.
- If desired return meat to the juices and let soak for about 5-10 minutes before using.
- Serve as desired.
Recipe adapted from Real Life at Home.