This post contains affiliate links.
Today’s lemonade recipe uses simple ingredients – lemons, strawberries, sugar, and water. Just what a homemade lemonade should include. The process to make this ultimate strawberry lemonade is what makes it full of flavor. You use the whole lemon when making this. It does take time but is well worth the effort. The most time consuming parts are chilling and straining the mixture.
- LARGE LEMONS
- FROZEN SLICED STRAWBERRIES IN JUICE
Ultimate Strawberry Lemonade
- 2 large lemons
- 3/4 cups of sugar
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup frozen slice strawberries in juice, thawed
- plus additional water
- Place lemons in the microwave and cook on high for 20 seconds. This helps relieve the juice.
- Add the sugar and water to a blender.
- Cut the lemons into 4ths and remove any seeds. Squeeze juice from lemon pieces into the blender and add the lemon pieces (rind and all) to the blender also.
- Add the frozen strawberries to the blender. Blend until mixture is well blended.
- Place mixture into a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 2 minutes.
- Allow mixture to cool and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Strain mixture through a fine mesh sieve into a picture. Add enough water to the mixture to make 1 1/2 quarts.
- Pour into glasses with ice and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Heather’s Dish.
Great Blog.I just stopped in to check out this webpagI would like to read your blog every day.
My daughter made this yesterday for Father’s Day and we found that it needed some extra lemon juice and the rinds made it bitter for our taste. Still and all, we’re going to try it again because it was definitely promising. Thanks!
I’m a sucker for a good strawberry lemonade. I don’t think I have a powerful enough blender to grind the lemon rind….
Did you know that you can bottle (can) it and have it year round? Or even freeze it as a concentrate? I didn’t until recently.
Check it out: https://www.friedalovesbread.com/2012/05/bottled-strawberry-lemonade-concentrate.html
So when you say put the lemon pieces in the blender as well, you mean rind and all?
Yep, rind and all.
This looks so good and perfect for this HOT summer!