This Holiday season, I have teamed up with Teflon® brand with “Seasons to Celebrate”. From now until December 18, Teflon® brand has teamed with Farberware® to focus on quick and easy holiday entertaining like today’s recipe for turkey (or chicken) and wild rice soup .
They are doing themed weeks that include fun family-friendly and easy ways to celebrate the holidays. This weeks theme is Last-Minute Holiday Side Dishes/Holiday Leftovers. I am helping out by sharing a tasty way to use up your leftover Thanksgiving or Christmas turkey. If you don’t have leftovers, you can always use chicken.
This turkey (or chicken) and wild rice soup is simple and tasty. I got the recipe from a friend but then ended up changing it a little bit to better suit my tastes. It is that perfect comfort food that we all crave as the weather gets chilly. Plus, it’s a good way to use up those holiday leftovers.
Farberware® will randomly draw giveaway winners 2 more times – once for each of the featured holiday time periods:
- Thanksgiving – 11/30
- Christmas – 12/18
Each giveaway will award one grand prize winner and three bonus prize winners. The Grand Prize being Farberware Dishwasher Safe Nonstick 12-Piece Set coated with Teflon® nonstick coating and the Bonus Prize of a Farberware Dishwasher Safe Nonstick Jumbo Cooker. I will also be hosting a giveaway of a 12-piece cookware set in December. So be on the look out for your chance to enter that here too!
I absolutely love the Farberware nonstick set that I have! Believe me, who every wins these prizes with be so happy to use their set in their kitchen. I love how easy they are to clean up.
In addition to the sweepstakes, the Teflon® brand will be creating fun Pinterest boards, running bi-weekly themed Facebook and Twitter giveaways, creating an interactive “mix and match” virtual Facebook application and hosting a Twitter party. So fun activities will happening on Teflon® brand’s and Farberware’s Facebook and social pages! So check them out for more opportunities.
Turkey (or Chicken) and Wild Rice Soup
Real Mom Kitchen
- 2 4.3 oz boxes Rice-A-Roni long grain & wild rice
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 ½ cups diced carrots
- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup butter
- ¾ cups flour
- 1 14 oz cans chicken broth
- 2 cups half and half
- 2 cups milk
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 3 cups diced turkey or chicken
- In a large sauce pan, cook packages of rice according to package directions.
- In a dutch oven sized pot, add celery, onion, and carrots. Cook until vegetables are tender. Remove from pot and set aside.
- In that same pot you cooked the vegetables in, melt butter. Then whisk in flour. Once whisked together slow whisk in the chicken broth, half and half, and milk.
- In a small bowl, dissolve the bouillon cubes in a half cup hot water. Then whisk into the creamy mixture.
- Then add the cooked rice, cooked vegetables, and turkey to the soup. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook until well heated. Makes 12 servings.