This post contains affiliate links.
This post brought to you by Campbell Soup Company. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Real Mom Kitchen.
I am a mom that loves to be in the kitchen. However, I don’t always have the time I want to make a tasty dinner for my family each night. So, I like to find ways to make a quick meal on those busy nights.
I have been using iconic Campbell’s soups like Cream of Mushroom and Cream of Chicken in my cooking for 20 years now. It helps save me time in the kitchen. Well, now the folks at Campbell’s have created soups specifically for cooking – Campbell’s Soups for Easy Cooking.
This new line of products is the next generation of soups for cooking, allowing parents to create delicious homemade meals in thirty minutes or less.
These NEW pourable, ready-to-use soups for cooking are prepared with a perfect blend of seasonings. They are conveniently packaged in cartons.
Campbell’s Soups for Easy Cooking come in four flavors, helping moms and dads reinvent traditional family favorites in fewer steps:
- Savory Portobello Mushroom (great for stroganoffs & skillet dishes)
- Creamy Herb & Garlic with Chicken Stock (perfect for pot pies and casseroles)
- Sweet Onion (A savory addition to meatloaf and pork skillet dishes)
- Mexican Style Tomato (A south-of-the-border blend great for Mexican skillet dishes)
Recently, I used the Campbell’s soups for cooking Sweet Onion flavor to make a quick Meatloaf Express dish for my family. Only a few other ingredients were needed to make it and they were ingredients that I always keep on hand.
I turned my oven on to preheat to the required temperature. The dish ready for the oven before the oven was even ready for me. Once in oven, it was ready to serve in 25 minutes.
My family all enjoyed it too. My 10 year old daughter told me it was the best meal ever and was talking about having me fix it for her on her upcoming birthday.
It was quite tasty and I thought the flavor was similar to that of a Salisbury steak.
There is a variation on the recipe list to add 1/4 cup of ketchup to the soup before pouring it over the meat. Next time, I make this, I will try that variation.
I think adding the ketchup would make it closer to that meatloaf flavor I am use to. From the time I was little, I always have ketchup with my meatloaf. I blame that on my Grandfather. He ate ketchup with just about anything.
I want to give some of the other soup flavors a try. I think my family would also love the Quick Chicken Pot Pie using the Creamy Herb & Garlic with Chicken Stock flavor. You can find even more Campbell’s Soups For Easy Cooking recipes on the back of each carton, as well as at MealsIn30.com.
These new cooking soups – which are priced at $2.19 per 14.5 ounce carton – can be found in the soup aisle of grocery stores and mass retailers nationwide.
- 1 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 carton (14.5 ounces) Campbell’s® Sweet Onion Soup
- Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Thoroughly mix the beef, bread crumbs, egg and 1/4 cup soup in a large bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, if desired.
- Shape the beef mixture into a 10×4-inch loaf. Cut the loaf crosswise into 6 mini meatloaves. Place the mini meatloaves, cut-side down, into a 13x9x2-inch baking dish. Pour the remaining soup over the meatloaves.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the meatloaves are cooked through. Serves 6.
It did make the best best meatloaf! I have been searching all grocery stores for this item! Thanks for the heads up that Campbells no longer produces it! Bummer! Whenever we find something we really like, it seems to “disappear”!
I have been buying this product for over a year. Food Lion has stopped carrying it. Where can I find the soups in a box? I am in the 23702 zip code in Virginia.
Campbell’s discontinued the “Soups for Easy Cooking” line. I guess it didn’t catch on well enough, but it sure made the best meatloaf.