I have a quick and easy dinner for ya today. I would say it’s like a grown up version of Spaghettio’s. It is amazingly tasty and puts those childhood Spaghettio’s to shame. (I mean really why did I like those as a kid!) Only 4 ingredients are needed for this Tortellini with Tomato Cream Sauce. Also, it is ready in under 30 minutes. Do you hear that dinner time hallelujah choir singing?
This all starts with bringing some chicken broth, tomato pasta sauce, and cream to a simmer in a skillet. Then add the tortellini to the skillet and stir. You can use refrigerated or frozen, I tend to use frozen. Cover it and let it simmer for about 12 minutes or until the tortellini is fully cooked. Just top with shaved parmesan to serve.
If you have some leftover meat in the fridge, you could always at that in at the same time as the tortellini. I think sausage would be tasty! Another bonus, it’s all made in one pan! I love when there is one dish to clean. I served with up with a Caesar salad and my easy cheesy rolls.
- CHICKEN BROTH
- TOMATO PASTA SAUCE
- HEAVY CREAM
- SALT & PEPPER
- FROZEN TORTELLINI
- PARMESAN, OPTIONAL FOR TOPPING
Tortellini with Tomato Cream Sauce
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups tomato pasta sauce
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Salt & pepper
- 1 16 oz pkg frozen tortellini
- Shaved Parmesan optional for topping
- In a large skillet, bring broth, tomato pasta sauce, and cream to a simmer. Season as desired with salt and pepper.
- Add tortellini to skillet. Cover and simmer for 12 minutes or until pasta is fully cooked. Topped with shaved Parmesan to serve. Serves 4-6.