I really love church and community cookbooks. They are one of the best ways to get great recipes. Recently, I saw that there was a new cookbook coming out called Worldwide Ward Cookbook, by Deanna Buxton. This book consists of 440 recipes from LDS Church members from around the world. After I saw that this book was coming out, I immediately checked with my library online to see if they would be getting a copy and put my name on this list to check it out when they get it. Sure enough they were getting it, and last week I got notification that it was waiting for me at the library.
I love to preview cookbooks from the library.
Then I can see if the cookbook would be worth purchasing. It looks like this is a great cookbook, I have 30 recipes marked that I want to try. This recipe for Easy Cheesy Rolls today is adapted from one in the book. The original recipe came from Darleen Capson in South Windsor, Connecticut. You absolutely must have this recipe. These rolls are so quick and easy. It gets my stamp of approval for Shockingly Simple. They go great along side an Italian dish. My husband thought these rolls were to die for. Just check out the picture below that shows the gooey cheese center.
Also, for my wonderful readers, I have some fun news. I am now a part of a site called pinchingyourpennies.com. They were wanted to add a recipe blog to their site and I was what they were looking for. I am so excited to be a part of pinching your pennies and want to welcome any new pinching your penny readers!
- PARMESAN CHEESE (IT’S GOTTA BE THE GREEN CAN KIND, SORRY FRESH WON’T DO)
- DRIED BASIL
- GARLIC POWDER
- CHEDDAR CHEESE
- MOZZARELLA CHEESE
- PILLSBURY GRANDS BISCUITS (I USED THE BUTTERMILK FLAKY ONES)
Easy Cheesy Rolls
Real Mom Kitchen
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese it's gotta be the green can kind, sorry fresh won't do
- 1 Tbsp. dried basil
- ½ tsp garlic powder I think I'm even gonna up the garlic more next time
- ½ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 pkg. Pillsbury Grands Biscuits I used the buttermilk flaky ones
- In a bowl, combine melted butter, Parmesan cheese, dried basil, and garlic powder. Mix shredded cheeses in a separate bowl.
- Remove biscuits from can and separate into individual biscuits. Flatten each biscuit slightly and put some cheese in the center of each biscuit and fold the dough around the cheese to form a ball. Pinch the dough together to seal the cheese inside.
- Roll each ball of dough in the melted butter mixture and place on a baking sheet. if there is any left over butter mixture, spoon it on top of the rolls on the baking sheet, Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes until rolls are golden brown. Makes 8 rolls.