Today is the last day of soup week and we are ending with a good one. I adapted the recipe from one I found on pauladeen.com. It’s called Tastes Like Lasagna Soup and it really does taste just like lasagna. This soup is full of flavor. Add a tossed salad with some bread and your set. I highly recommend divine breadsticks, garlic herb bread, or easy peasant bread with this soup.
Today, I posted my last post about Napa over on my events page. There is a giveaway for you with that post, so be sure to check it out.
Also a heads up for next week. All week long I’ll be talking Thanksgiving dinner. I will have a different Thanksgiving dish each day that will help take your meal from beginning to end. I will also be taking part in a Virtual Progressive Thanksgiving dinner with some other bloggers. Each day I will let you know who is hosting so you can check out their part of the meal too. I will be hosting the “virtual dinner” at my blog on Wednesday. Other blogs taking part include Food For My Family, Simple Bites, Eat at Home, Unsophisticook, and Hoosier Homemade. I also have a couple of giveaways to help you with your Thanksgiving meal! Should be a really fun week.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 Tbsp firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 (32 oz) box chicken broth or 4 cups
- 2 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 2 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups radiadori or radiatore pasta, uncooked ( or any other shaped pasta will do)
- heaping 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- garlic croutons, optional
- In a large Dutch oven, combine ground beef, onion, bell pepper and garlic. Cook over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until beef is browned and crumbles. Drain well.
- Stir in thyme, brown sugar, broth, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, and salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes. In the meantime, cook pasta according to package directions in a separate pan. Drain.
- Add cooked pasta to soup and stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Top each bowl of soup with shredded mozzarella soup and croutons, it desired.