I recently was checking out Betty Crocker’s “Grilling” page on pinterest. I noticed that the recipe for their taco-spiced grilled chicken had been voted as the 2008 Best 30 Minute Meal. If this recipe had received such accolades then it was worthy of trying it out to share with all out you. I must say that it deserved that title. It was full of flavor and loved by all.
It does have a little kick to it from the taco seasoning. However, if you are worried just use half the amount of taco seasoning. My family did say it was on the spicy side but was still able to eat it. They are all pretty wimpy when it comes to spiciness. The taco-spiced grilled chicken gets a coating of dry spice before hitting the grill. Then gets a nice coating of a simple sauce that tastes fabulous! You must give this one a try!Print
- 1/4 cup bbq sauce
- 2 Tbsp chili sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 10–12 chicken tenders
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat grill.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the bbq sauce, chili sauce, and cumin. Cover and microwave for 30-60 seconds until hot. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine together the taco seasoning and oregano.
- In a gallon sized zipper bag, place chicken tenders along with 1 Tbsp olive oil. Close bag and knead the chicken in the bag to get well coated with the oil.
- Open the zipper bag and add the taco seasoning mix. Zip the bag closed again and shake until all the chicken is evenly coated with the seasoning.
- Grill chicken turning once until fully cooked. Since you are using tenders they only take a few minutes per side.
- Remove chicken from the grill and brush with reserved bbq sauce and serve. Serves 5-6.
Recipe adapted from Betty Crocker.