I love roasts cooked in the slow cooker. I love it more when they make their own gravy and sauce. This recipe fits both of those. This slow cooked roast makes a sweet bbq type sauce to serve over the meat that is full of flavor. Unfortunately, the only pictures I took were pre-sauce so you can’t see it, but is a beautiful deep red sauce.
This recipe also includes a side dish too. The original recipe I found included both carrots and potatoes which is what I did and what you will see in the photo. However, the potatoes lacked flavor in this, but the carrots were amazing. So I changed the recipe to only include carrots. The carrots are tender and so sweet, you will think you are eating candy.Print
- 3–4 lb beef roast
- 3 cups baby carrots
- 1 1/2 cups Coca Cola
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cups chili sauce
- 3/4 cups ketchup
- 3 Tbsp dry onion soup mix
- cornstarch to thicken the sauce with
- Place roast in the slow cooker and place carrots around the roast.
- In a bowl, combine the cola, brown sugar, chili sauce, ketchup, and onion soup mix.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Remove the roast from the pot. Then remove the carrots with a slotted spoon.
- Remove some of the juice leaving only the amount you think you will need to make the sauce with for the roast.
- Mix 2 Tbsp of cornstarch with 2 Tbsp of water. and add a bit at a time to the juice to thicken. Add enough to reach desired thickness. If needed, you may need to make some more cornstarch water mixture, depending on how much juice you save.
Recipe adapted from Six Sisters Stuff.