I love to make Mexican style meals for my family like this taco rice skillet. They are always a hit with everyone. Sargento® Fine Cut Shredded 4 Cheese Mexican is a key ingredient in these meals and I pick it up at my local Kroger store (Smith’s).
The off-the-block freshness of Sargento® Fine Cut Shredded 4 Cheese Mexican makes a difference in my recipe. The blend of cheeses add a creamy, smooth flavor to any Mexican style dish like quesadillas, nachos, etc.
I recently used Sargento® Fine Cut Shredded 4 Cheese Mexican blend when making this easy taco rice skillet dish. I basically swapped out the tortilla and used rice instead.
The great thing is, it is ready in about 15 minutes and is made in one skillet – speedy and easy clean up. It’s the perfect way to mix up taco night.
Once the beef and rice is cooked it all gets covered with a layer of Sargento® Fine Cut Shredded 4 Cheese Mexican blend cheesy goodness. Then you top it all with your favorite taco toppings.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
- 2 1/2 cups of water
- 2 cups instant rice
- 1 1/2 cups Sargento® Fine Cut Shredded 4 Cheese Mexican
- Toppings: dice tomato, shredded lettuce, diced avocado, and sour cream
- In a skillet, brown meat until fully cooked.
- Add in taco seasoning and water and bring to a boil.
- Add in rice and stir to combine. Cover and allow to simmer for 5 minutes. Stir.
- Sprinkle with cheese and allow to simmer for 2 more minutes until cheese is melted.
- Top with toppings. Serves 4-5.
Look for Specially Marked Packages of Sargento® Shredded Cheese for $1 Savings at your local Kroger.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sargento®. The opinions and texts are all mine.