This sweet chicken pasta salad is a recipe I have had your years. It is a pasta salad that my family loves. I have also used it to serve at different gatherings too. Just pair it with the a fresh baked roll and you have a delicious dinner.
I make this salad using ratiadore shaped pasta when I can. If they happen to not have that type of pasta at the store, I reach for bow tie pasta. However, feel free to use what ever type of pasta you like.
In addition to the pasta and chicken, this salad has celery and green onion. Then the sweet comes in with grapes, pineapple, and mandarin oranges. The dressing is a bottle of coleslaw dressing along withsome mayo.
The final ingredient for this salad is cashews. You add it on when serving. It adds a nice crunchy salty contrats to the sweetness of this salad.
- 1 (16 oz) bottle cole slaw dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (16 oz) pkg radiadore shaped pasta, cooked according to pkg directions and cooled
- 3 cups cooked and diced chicken breasts
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 (15 oz) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 (20 oz) pkg pineapple tidbits, drained
- 2 cups red grapes
- 1 (6 oz) pkg craisins
- 3 green onions, diced
- 1 cup cashew, halves and pieces
- In a large bowl, whisk to coleslaw dressing and mayonnaise together.
- Add in the pasta, chicken, celery, mandarin oranges, pineapple, grapes, craisins, and green onion. Toss until everything is well coated with the dressing. Place in the refridgerator for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Top with cashews before serving. Serves 12.
- Category: Chicken
- Cuisine: American