The holidays always make me think of Chex mix. My great grandmother use to make it and give it as Christmas gifts. She had a secret recipe that is only shared with family and it has remained that way until today. My grandmother is no longer with us, but my mom has continued the tradition. It is something that we all look forward to each year. I know that my brother and oldest son have a high level of anticipation for this gift from the kitchen.
Also, I started a tradition from the time I was married to make a sweet Chex mix (aka cereal candy). I make it several times during the holiday season for my family and it is another beloved recipe that everyone asks for. I even have a variation on it that include almonds and coconut!
This year Chex has developed five new delicious Chex Party Mix holiday cookie-inspired recipes including this Sugar Cookie Chex Party Mix. They take just 15 minutes to make in the microwave (no baking required!) They would make great gifts from the kitchen! It also is a fun thing to do in place of a cookie exchange. This is especially great if you have friends who are gluten free! Have a Chex Party Mix-Change.
Today, I am sharing the sugar cookie recipe, which was a hit with my family. However, you can check out the recipes like these at Chex website:
- Peanut Butter Blossoms Chex Party Mix – Milk chocolate and peanut butter morsels combine to give this easy recipe a taste of chocolate and peanut butter in each crunchy bite. Gluten free.
- Gingerbread Chex Party Mix – The combination of molasses, ground cinnamon, cinnamon candy and ground ginger make this the easiest, most gingery gingerbread recipe yet.
- Sweet Pecan Chex Party Mix –Butter, sugar, vanilla and maple syrup give pecans and Chex cereal an irresistibly sweet coating. Gluten free.
- Iced Pumpkin Chex Party Mix – Right down to the rich white chocolate cream cheese icing on top, your favorite fall dessert recipe is now a quick and easy snack mix.
Chex has also provided a Chex Party Mix-Change gift box with everything you need to make these delicious recipes.
Just leave a comment telling me which recipe you would like to give a try! You have until Sunday Dec 9 at midnight (MST) to enter. The winner of the giveaway will be announced on this post after the deadline. This contest in now closed!
- 6 cups Rice Chex® cereal
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine (I say go for butter)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 ounce white baking chocolate or 1/4 cup vanilla milk chips
- 1 to 2 teaspoons colored edible glitter, sugar sprinkles, or regular sprinkles
- Measure cereal in large microwaveable bowl. Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper or foil.
- In 2-cup microwavable measuring cup, microwave butter uncovered on High 30 seconds or until melted. Add sugar and corn syrup; microwave uncovered on High 30 seconds until mixture is heated and can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour over cereal, stirring until evenly coated.
- Microwave uncovered on High 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute. Sprinkle with powdered sugar; mix well.
- Spread on waxed paper or foil. Microwave white chocolate on High 30 seconds or until it can be stirred smooth; drizzle over top; sprinkle with edible glitter or colored candies.
For an easy and even way to apply the powdered sugar, pour sugar into a large freezer zip-type bag. After removing the cooked snack mix from the microwave, let stand in bowl 1 to 2 minutes to cool, then pour into bag and shake!
Disclosure: I also received a Chex Mix gift box.
Winner of the prize pack is Christinewho said: “I would try the gingerbread, but my family would want the peanut butter!” Congrats! Watch for an email on how to claim your prize.