Let me introduce you to this recipe for speedy green chile chicken enchilada soup. It’s a fusion of the beloved flavors of enchiladas in a deliciously comforting soup form. Pair this with a side of cornbread for a culinary match made in heaven. The sweetness of the cornbread will balance the subtle heat from this soup.
Start by adding tender cooked chicken, hearty white beans, sweet corn, rich cream cheese, creamy green enchilada sauce, zesty canned green chiles, and a savory medley of spices to a stock pot. Then mix in some chicken broth. Mix it together and give it just 10 minutes to simmer together. This speedy green chile chicken enchilada soup is ready to enjoy.
If you aren’t in a big hurry and headed out for a few hours to soccer, football, dance, etc., this can be mixed all together in a slow cooker. Then leave it to slow cook on high for 2-3 hours. The soup will be ready to enjoy once you get home. Also if you like things more on the spicy side, just chnge the heat level of the enchilada sauce or canned green chiles to raise that level of spice.
Top your bowl with some cheddar cheese, diced avocado, fresh cilantro, sour cream and tortilla strips. Each spooful is a symphony of flavors. It’s a fiesta of flavors that’s perfect for any occasion. Whether it’s a cozy dinner at home or a gathering with friends, this soup is a sure-fire crowd pleaser. I enjoyed some of this as leftovers the next day. I must say that I thought it tastes even better.
- CANNED WHITE BEANS
- CREAM CHEESE
- FROZEN CORN
- CANNED MILD GREEN CHILES
- MILD GREEN ENCHILADA SAUCE
- ONION POWDER
- GARLIC POWDER
- CHILI POWDER
- CHICKEN BROTH
- SHREDDED CHEDDAR CHEESE
- DICED AVOCADO
- FRESH CILANTRO
- SOUR CREAM
- TORTILLA STRIPS OR CRUSHED TORTILLA CHIPS
Speedy Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Soup
Real Mom Kitchen
- 2 cups cooked chicken shredded or diced
- 2 15 oz cans white beans rinsed and drained
- 4 oz cream cheese softened and cubed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 4 oz can mild green chiles
- 1 14 oz can mild green enchilada sauce
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 cups chicken broth
- shredded cheddar cheese
- diced avocado
- sour cream
- chopped fresh cilantro
- tortilla strips or crushed tortilla chips
- Add all of the above soup ingredients into a stock pot. Bring to a boil and allow to simmer for 10 minutes or until the cream cheese is meltd and combined.
- Serve in bowls and top with desired toppings. Serves 6-8.
This recipe is adapted from The Carefree Kitchen.