Ok, today I am sharing one of my new FAVORITE recipes! This southwest grilled flank steak is amazingly tasty. Really, I can’t stop thinking about it.
These steaks get soaking in a simple yet flavor marinade. The steak is awesome as is, but it would be perfect to use for fajitas. Just grill up some onion and peppers to go along with it and put it in a tortilla! You seriously need to make this! SERIOUSLY!
We had leftovers and it was just as tasty the next day. I cut it up and put it in a quesadilla with some caramelized onions. I was too tempted not to snitch pieces of this heavenly steak while making the quesadillas.
This recipe does make enough for 8 which was fine for us because we loved having the leftovers. However, the recipe can be easily reduced to serve 4.
Southwest Grilled Flank Steak
Real Mom Kitchen
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 6 cloves of garlic minced
- 4 tsp. chili powder
- 4 tsp. canola oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ - 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- pepper to taste
- 2 Beef flank steaks about 1 lb each
- In a gallon sized freezer bag, combine the lime juice, garlic, chili powder, canola oil, salt, red pepper flakes and pepper.
- Add steaks to the bag and seal. Knead the steak in the bag to coat well with the marinade. Place in the fridge for at least 6 hours turning occasionally.
- Grilled on a oiled grilled over medium heat for 6-9 minutes per side until desired doneness (for medium rare - 145 degrees, for medium - 160 degrees, and well done 170 degrees) Keep in mind you want to pull it off the grill 5-10 degrees before desired doneness. The meat will cook a little more while it rests.
- Allow steak to rest for 5 minutes. Slice thinly across the grain. Serves 8.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.