This post may contain affiliate links.
I love the taste of sweet and sour anything! Well, today I have a delicious recipe for slow cooker sweet and sour tacos. You place it inside some corn tortillas with fresh cabbage and green onion.
I really love the contrast of the warm sweet and sour pork with the fresh crisp cabbage. I also used corn tortillas but feel free to swap them out for flour.
This is made by placing a boneless pork loin roast in the slow cooker along with a chopped onion. Then in a bowl you mix together some water, sweet and sour sauce, chicken broth, soy sauce, dry onion soup mix, fresh ginger, and garlic. It cooks on low for 6-8 hours.
Once the roast is cooked, all you need to do is shred it. Then serve it on warm corn tortillas with some coleslaw mix and fresh green onion. The combination of the fresh cabbage, juicy shredded pork, tangy sauce, and delicious blend of spices in these Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Tacos really hits the mark!
- BONELESS PORK LOIN ROAST
- SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE
- CHICKEN BROTH
- SOY SAUCE
- DRY ONION SOUP MIX
- FRESH GINGER
- CORN TORTILLAS
- COLESLAW MIX
- GREEN ONIONS
Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Tacos
- 1 (3-4 lb.) boneless pork loin roast
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup sweet and sour sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 16 corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 bag coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup green onion, minced
- Place roast in a slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine water, sweet and sour sauce, chicken broth, soy sauce, onion soup mix, ginger, and garlic.
- Pour mixture over pork. Cover and cook for 6-8 hours.
- Shredded pork. Place shredded pork on tortillas and top with some of the cole slaw mix and cilantro. Serves 8.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.