I really love the contrast of the warm sweet and sour pork with the fresh crisp cabbage. I also used corn tortillas but feel free to swap them out for flour.
- 1 (3-4 lb.) boneless pork loin roast
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup sweet and sour sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 16 corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 bag coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup green onion, minced
- Place roast in a slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine water, sweet and sour sauce, chicken broth, soy sauce, onion soup mix, ginger, and garlic.
- Pour mixture over pork. Cover and cook for 6-8 hours.
- Shredded pork. Place shredded pork on tortillas and top with some of the cole slaw mic and cilantro. Serves 8.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.