I love buying a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store for a quick and easy dinner! Don’t you? Well, today’s recipe for a Southwest Chicken Bowl is a tasty one that involves that well love rotisserie chicken. It is perfect for summer! My family loved these tasty chicken bowls.
Most of the flavor comes from a can of Bush’s beautiful baked beans! Only cooking needed is reheating the beans along with the chicken and cooking some rice on the stove top or in a rice cooker! It is an easy protein packed meal that your family will love!
Southwest Chicken Bowl
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 16 oz can BUSH’S® Reduced Sodium Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 16 oz can BUSH’S® Reduced Sodium Vegetarian Baked Beans
- 1½ cups Rotisserie Chicken cut into ¾-inch pieces
- 1 cup Frozen Corn thawed
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- Toppings: shredded cheddar cheese salsa, dice avocado or guacamole, light sour cream, chopped cilantro, diced green onion, etc.
- In a skillet, combine the black beans, baked beans, chicken, and corn. Heat over medium until heated all the way through.
- Place about 2/3 cooked rice in each bowl and top with 1/6 of the bean/chicken mixture. Top with desired toppings and and serves. Serves 6.
Recipe adapted from Bush Beans.