We continue a week of s’mores recipes with one that you can enjoy in the morning. Yep, s’mores are making it to the breakfast table with this S’more Turnovers recipe.
It is a simple turnover made with using frozen puff pastry and your regular s’more ingredients, chocolate, marshmallows, and graham crackers. I must tell you I really enjoyed these! How can you go wrong with a s’more enveloped in flaky puffed pastry?
- 1 pkg puffy pastry sheets, thawed according to pkg directions
- 2 (1.55 oz) Hershey’s milk chocolate bars, break each bar into 4 pieces.
- 8 large marshmallows
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 graham cracker sheet, crushed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut each sheet of puffed pastry into 4 squares. Place a piece of chocolate and a marshmallow into the center of each square.
- Fold each square of pastry diagonally over the filling and seal by pressing the edges with a fork.
- Place on a baking sheet and brush the tops with the cream.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes, just until golden.
- Place the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 20 seconds and stir. Then microwave in 10 second intervals until fully melted.
- Drizzle over turnovers and sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs. Makes 8 turnovers.
Recipe inspired from Sempre Dolce.