My daughter loves to have meatballs for dinner, in any form. So I am always looking for different ways to serve them. I recently tried these easy slow cooker Swedish meatballs. She loved them along with the whole family. The slow cooker aspect of the recipe is another bonus.
I like to serve these slow cooker Swedish meatballs with mashed potatoes but rice or noodles would do. Also, I enjoy cranberries or lingonberries from IKEA on the side. I love that sweet and savor combination.
To make them, you add some cream of mushroom soup in the slow cooker insert along with some mushrooms, beef broth, onion, garlic powder, steak sauce, paprika, salt, and pepper. Mix that all together.
Next you are going to toss some frozen meatballs in there. Mix so those meatballs get coated in that creamy mixture. Set you slow cooker to cook on low for 8 hours. Before serving you just mix in some sour cream and you are good.
- CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP
- FRESH SLICED MUSHROOMS
- BEEF BROTH
- GARLIC POWDER
- A1 STEAK SAUCE
- SALT AND PEPPER
- FROZEN MEATBALLS
- SOUR CREAM
- PREPARED MASHED POTATOES, RICE, OR NOODLES FOR SERVING
Slow Cooker Swedish Meatballs
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 10 3/4 oz can cream of mushroom soup
- ½ cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups beef broth
- ½ onion finely diced
- 1-2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp A1 steak sauce
- dash of paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 28 oz bag frozen meatballs (this is around 33 meatballs)
- 1 c sour cream
- prepared mashed potatoes rice, or noodles
- In your slow cooker, combine the soup, mushrooms, beef broth, onion, garlic powder, steak sauce, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Add meatballs and toss to coat.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Before serving mix in sour cream and serve with mashed potatoes, rice, or noodles. Serves 6.
Recipe adapted from Recipe Shoebox.