We are starting the new year off with a healthy and simple slow cooker vegetable beef soup recipe. The hardest part of this recipe is dicing up the potatoes. They are red potatoes though, so he require no peeling.
The rest of the veggies you use can be found in the freezer section of the store. You can use a bag of frozen mixed vegetables. However, my family isn’t fans of the frozen green beans that the package includes. So, I use part of a bag of frozen peas and carrots and part of a bag of frozen corn.
You will also add in some beef broth along with some canned petite diced tomatoes. A little dried basil plus salt and pepper are the only seasonings that you will need.
And if you get your stew meat already cut up, there really isn’t much more to do. Just put everything in the slow cooker and let this go. Dinner will be ready in 6-7 hours if cooked on low.
- STEW MEAT
- LARGE RED POTATOES
- FROZEN PEAS AND CARROTS
- FROZEN CORN
- BEEF BROTH
- CANNED PETITE DICED TOMATOES
- DRIED BASIL
Slow Cooker Vegetable Beef Soup
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 lb. stew meat
- 2 large red potatoes diced
- ½ of a 16 oz. bag of frozen peas and carrots
- ½ of a 16 oz bag of frozen corn
- 6 cups of beef broth
- 1 14 oz can of petit diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- Combine all of the ingredients into the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 1/2-4 hours or on LOW for 6-7 hours. Serves 6.
Recipe adapted from Everyday Good Thinking.