These slow cooker Texas BBQ beef sandwiches are too easy for you all not to make it! The slow cooker does the majority of the work. Plus, you only need three ingredients to make it. Then there is buns and cheese for serving. So a total of 5 ingredients. I make it 6 ingredients by buttering the buns and toasting them.
All you need to start is a nice beef chuck roast. Then place it in the slow cooker and sprinkle it with a package of chili seasoning. You know the, the package of seasoning mix you can buy to make chili. Then pour some bbq sauce over the beef roast. It’s that easy. Now the slow cooker cooks it nice and tender in 8-10 hours on low.
Once the meat finishes cooking it is time to shred. This meat is so moist and tender it should easily shred with a fork. Then you want to skim off and fat from the cooking liquid. Then add the shredded meat back in the slow cooker along with some of the cooking liquid. You want to add enough to make the meat moist and saucy. You can even add in a little more bbq sauce if you need it a little thicker.
To serve this bbq beef, I like to serve it on toasted buns along with a slice of American cheese. Usually I use Kraft singles. However, since starting WW this year I found out the Velveeta slices are actually a lower calorie option. I think they were even better on these Slow Cooker Texas BBQ Beef Sandwiches.
- BONELESS BEEF CHUCK ROAST
- CHILI SEASONING
- BBQ SAUCE
- HAMBURGER BUNS
- SLICES OF AMERICAN CHEESE
- 1 (3 lbs) boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 (1.25 oz) pkg chili seasoning
- ½ cup BBQ sauce
- 8 hamburger buns
- 8 slices American cheese
- Place chuck roast in slow cooker. Sprinkle chili seasoning and pour BBQ sauce over roast.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours.
- Butter the insides of the buns and toast. I just do this with my oven on broil. Place a slice of cheese on the bottom of each bun followed with some of the meat. Top with top bun. Makes 8 sandwiches.
This recipe is adapted from Plain Chicken.