If you are looking for a tasty treat to feed a crowd, this fall harvest snack mix is the solution. It’s a cinch to come together, plus you can feed like 50 people with it! I used it for 32 people and we had lots of leftovers.
Now, when making this, I was trying to accommodate 2 food allergies. So I made this mix in stages.
I had a person with a gluten allergy and one with a nut allergy. So to make this work, I started by mixing half of the mix together starting with just the gluten free ingredients. This was the 3 kinds of Boom Chicka Pop popcorn. I did a bag of real butter, kettle corn, and salted maple kettle corn. It was a great combination because it gives you that sweet and salty combo. You you can add in some rice or corn Chex, I used corn. Then a set a bag aside for the gluten free guest.
Next, I added in the ingredients that were nut free for my guest with that allergy.
I added in some Bugles, Honeycomb cereal, pretzels, and Sixlet chocolate candies. Sixlets are nut free. They carry them in the bulk section at my local Winco. I got them in the white and gold colors. However, if you don’t have an allergy to worry about, than I recommend M&M candies instead. I prefer it with M&M’s. So then I bagged up some of the mix for the guest with the nut allergy.
The last thing I added in was candy corn and candy pumpkins. These are made in a plant where they process nuts and wheat, so they would not work for either of my allergy people. They are what make this mix have the fall harvest look and taste. This mix was a hit and everyone loved it. I loved the slight maple flavor you got in it from the salted maple kettle corn!
You will need a couple of large bowls or containers to mix this fall harvest snack mix all in. I have a couple of 2 1/2 gallon Rubbermaid containers that work well.
- 1 (5.5 oz) bag Boom Chicka Pop salted maple flavored kettle corn
- 1 (7 oz) bag Boom Chicka Pop kettle corn
- 1 ( 4.4 oz) bag Boom Chicka Pop Real Butter Popcorn
- 1 (19.2 oz) box Cinnamon Apple Rice Chex or 1 (18 oz) box Corn or Rice Chex (or other flavors such as Cinnamon, Peanut Butter, or Chocolate)
- 1 (16 oz) box Honey Comb cereal
- 1 (16 oz) bag mini pretzel twists
- 1 (7.5 oz) bag Original flavor Bugles
- 1 1/5 lbs Sixlets pearl candies or 1 (19.2 oz) bag M&M candies
- 2 (16.2 oz) bags Mallowcreme Pumpkins
- 1 (16.2 oz) bag Candy Corn
- Divide each bag of ingredients between 2 (2 1/2 gallon) containers or bowls. Once every thing is divided. Gently toss to mix. Serves 50.
This is a Real Mom Kitchen original recipe.