For todays hot drink recipe, we are going to let the slow cooker do all the work. You add everything to the slow cooker for this slow cooker peppermint hot chocolate.
It’s as easy as placing the ingredients for this slow cooker peppermint hot chocolate into your crock pot. From there, you leave it on low for a couple of hours and give it a stir or two along the way. That’s it! You end up with a delicious hot chocolate to drink with the perfect level with a nice hint peppermint flavor.
All that is used to make this tasty drink is a few Hershey’s milk chocolate bars, peppermint candy canes, cocoa powder, milk, and half and half. Technically you could change up this recipe by using other flavors of candy canes in place of the peppermint version. Cherry or raspberry would be a great option.
You can also serve this up with my peppermint whipped cream to add even more of that peppermint flavor. If once you make this, give it a try. See if the hot cocoa is sweet enough. I have found that the level of sweetness can vary based on the brand of candy canes used. If you want it a little sweeter, than just mix in some sugar to reach the desired flavor.
- HERSHEY’S MILK CHOCOLATE BARS
- PEPPERMINT CANDY CANES
- HALF & HALF
- UNSWEETENED COCOA POWDER
Slow Cooker Peppermint Hot Chocolate
Real Mom Kitchen
- 2 1.55 oz Hershey’s milk chocolate bars
- 10 peppermint candy canes unwrapped
- 6 cups milk
- 3 cups half & half
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Place the chocolate bars and candy canes in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add in the milk, half and half, and cocoa powder. Carefully whisk the mils and cocoas together trying not to touch the chocolate or candy canes.
- Cook on low for 2 hours whisking occasionally to help the chocolate and cany canes dissolve. Whisk together well before serving. Serves 8.
Recipe adapted from Cooking with Janica.