I love hot chocolate but I also love hot cider. The fruit variation just like with this hot cranberry orange cider is a nice change from the chocolate variety.
I love to especially include a hot cider option at breakfast during the holiday season. Also, I love the flavor of cranberry and orange together at this time of year. I usually use orange as an accent flavor in my homemade cranberry sauce and I also like to use it in my pull-a-parts that I serve on Christmas morning. This hot cranberry orange cider brings those two flavors together again.
This cider recipe doesn’t take much time to make. You just need a few ingredients to combine in a sauce pan and give it a little simmer time before serving. It takes cranberry-apple juice, orange juice, cinnamon sticks, orange slices, and honey.
Combine the juices, cinnamon sticks, and orange slices in a sauce pan. You bring it to a boil and then just let it simmer for 5 minutes. Once it has simmered, you remove the cinnamon sticks and orange slices. Then mix in the honey. Serve warm and garnish with additional orange slices and cinnamon sticks.
- CRANBERRY-APPLE JUICE
- ORANGE JUICE
- CINNAMON STICKS
- ORANGE SLICES
Hot Cranberry Orange Cider
Real Mom Kitchen
- 4 cups cranberry-apple juice
- 2 cups orange juice
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4 orange slices
- 2 Tbsp honey
- Add the juices, cinnamon sticks, and orange slices to a saucepan. Heat over medium high heat.
- Bring to a boil then cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove the cinnamon sticks and orange slices. Stir in the honey.
- Serve warm and garnish with more orange slices & cinnamon sticks if desired.
This recipe is adapted from Persnickety Plates.