Sometime when you have those big holiday meals like Easter, Thanksgiving, or Christmas – there just isn’t room to fit everything that you want to include in your meal in your oven. This is where your slow cooker can come in handy like for this Slow Cooker Honey Glazed Ham!
I have used a slow cooker on those holidays for things like mashed potatoes and carrots before. Well, for this Easter, I decided to let my slow cooker cook my ham. It only takes a couple of hours to cook in the slow cooker and it gets coated with a sweet honey glaze. It turns out moist and delicious! So let the slow cooker do the cooking for you ham this Easter.
- 1 (3-5 lb.) fully cooked spiral sliced ham
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup honey
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- Place just enough water in your slow cooker to barely cover the bottom. Place ham in the slow cooker and turn on low.
- In a medium sauce pan, add the brown sugar, honey and butter. Cook over medium heat until butter is melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat and stir in the cloves.
- Spoon 1/4 of the honey mixture over the ham.
- Cook ham on low for 2-3 hours until heated, brushing every 30 minutes with another 1/4 of the glaze until all the glaze is used. Serves 6-10.
Recipe adapted from Let’s Dish.