A lot of the versions for the slow cooker rely on bottled Alfredo sauce which will do but just isn’t the same as the real deal from scratch.
Today’s recipe uses those made from scratch ingredients- butter, cream, and Parmesan cheese. Just the way I like it!
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz of fettuccine pasta, cooked
- Optional: extra grated Parmesan cheese
- Spray your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray and place the chicken the slow cooker.
- In a pan on the stove, heat your cream then add in the butter and cheese and stir until melted. You just want this well combined before adding it to your crock pot.
- Add in salt and pepper to taste and pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Remove chicken from sauce and cut into slices.
- Serve over cooked pasta with the sauce and top with fresh grated Parmesan cheese if desired. Serves 4.
Recipe adapted from Recipes the Crock.