A lot of the versions that I found for the slow cooker rely on bottled Alfredo sauce which will do but just isn’t the same as the real deal from scratch. Today’s recipe uses those made from scratch ingredients- butter, cream, and Parmesan cheese. Just the way I like it!
Now, you do need to warm the butter, cream, and Parmesan cheese in a sauce pan before you add it to the slow cooker. However, once that is done, you place the chicken in the slow cooker. Pour the butter/cream/parmesan cheese mixture over the chicken. Now is where you the the slow cooker work it’s magic.
Cook this for 4-6 hours in the slow cooker. Timing will depend on how big your chicken breasts are. Then I like to remove the chicken and cut it into slices. t looks pretty and makes it easier to eat. Place over a bed of fettucine noodles and add some sauce.
- BONELESS, SKINLESS CHICKEN BREASTS
- HEAVY CREAM
- PARMESAN CHEESE
- SALT AND PEPPER
- FETTUCCINE PASTA
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz of fettuccine pasta, cooked
- Optional: extra grated Parmesan cheese
- Spray your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray and place the chicken the slow cooker.
- In a pan on the stove, heat your cream then add in the butter and cheese and stir until melted. You just want this well combined before adding it to your crock pot.
- Add in salt and pepper to taste and pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Remove chicken from sauce and cut into slices.
- Serve over cooked pasta with the sauce and top with fresh grated Parmesan cheese if desired. Serves 4.
Recipe adapted from Recipes the Crock.