I am sure there has been a time that you have wanted to make some cake mix cupcakes but ended up not making them because you didn’t want to have 24 cupcakes on your hands. You want a smaller batch of cake mix cupcakes.
The temptation of having 24 cupcakes sitting in my house is just to too much for me. I will definitely eat more than my share. Sure you could freeze the extras for a later time, but they will take up freezer space.
So, for all of you that have been in such a cake situation as me, this post is for you. You can now make only 6 cupcakes with a Pillsbury cake mix thanks to the recipe I am sharing with all of you today!
Pillsbury™ Cake Mixes, Brownie Mixes and Frostings
I love stocking up and baking with Pillsbury™ Cake Mixes, Brownie Mixes and Frostings in preparation for spring gatherings and other traditions. They are inexpensive to stock up on and great to keep in your pantry for whenever you need a sweet treat.
Plus, they’re family moments waiting to happen. I just love to create special moments and memories (baking and sharing) with family and friends. So I recently went to Walmart to stock up on Pillsbury products. This way whenever the time works to create these moments and memories, I can.
Recently my daughter had a day home from school and was bored! I’m sure most mom’s have heard this from one child at some point. So I knew it was the perfect time to mix up a moment with her.
We grabbed a package of Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Classic Yellow Premium Cake Mix and a container of Pillsbury™ Creamy Supreme® Vanilla Flavored Frosting. We used the recipe for the smaller batch of cake mix cupcakes. It was the perfect amount for her to make a sweet treat to eat and have some left to give her dad and brother when they came home.
She also loves butterflies so we cut some strawberries to make a simple starwberry butterflyies to go on top of each cupcake. You can get 2 butterflies from one strawberry. It definitely was a fun time with my daughter with a sweet reward at the end.
Be sure to visit your blog again in April when I will share how I used a Pillsbury Brownie Mix for an upcoming spring gathering. How will you #MixUpAMoment for your own spring gatherings and traditions?
Smaller Batch of Cake Mix Cupcakes
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 cup Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Cake Mix OR Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Devil's Food Premium Cake Mix OR Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Classic Yellow Premium Cake Mix
- ⅓ cup water
- 3 Tbsp Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 egg
- ½ cup Pillsbury™ Creamy Supreme® Chocolate Fudge Flavored Frosting OR Pillsbury™ Creamy Supreme® Vanilla Flavored Frosting
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Line 6 muffin cups with paper baking cups
- SPOON cake mix into 1-cup measure; level top with straight edge. Place in medium bowl. Add water, oil and egg. Beat with mixer on low speed until moistened. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Divide evenly into prepared muffin cups.
- BAKE 19 to 23 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Remove from pan to wire rack to cool completely. Spread or pipe frosting on tops of cupcakes. Makes 6 cupcakes
How to make Strawberry Butterflies
Real Mom Kitchen
- 3 strawberries
- Cut green tops of each strawberry. Then cut each strawberry into 6 slices.
- To form butterflies, cut 2 of the inside slices in half lengthwise (this forms the wings for 2 butterflies). Cut 2 slivers from the outside slices or the strawberry to form 2 butterfly bodies.
- Place on top of two iced cupcakes to form butterflies. Continue with remaining strawberries. Enjoy munching on the remaining strawberry pieces. Makes 6 strawberry butterflies.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of The J.M. Smucker Company. The opinions and text are all mine.