This slow cooker burrito filling is super satisfying. It includes chicken, beans, and rice. The other thing is it is extremely easy to make. I love that this filling is also all made in the slow cooker.
- 1 small diced onion
- 1 diced green bell pepper
- 1 (15 oz) can pinto beans, drained
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp.pepper
- 2 tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp cumin
- 1 (16 oz) jar salsa
- 1 1/2 – 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked Minute® rice
- In the slow cooker combine the the onion, bell pepper, pinto beans, cilantro, salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, and salsa.
- Place the chicken on top of the mixture. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours without opening.
- Remove chicken and shred the chicken with 2 forks. Add the chicken back in along with the minute rice and combine. Cover and cook on high for 20 minutes more or until ice in tender.
- Serve on tortillas with desired toppings.