My most favorite thing to order at a bbq joint is beef brisket. It is always amazing.
I must say it was almost as good as what I get at those tasty bbq restaurants. It was seasoned well and I thickened up the cooking juices to make a tasty sauce. If you love brisket like I do, then give this recipe a try!
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 (2-3 lb) beef brisket
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1 1/2 tsp liquid smoke
- 3 Tbsp chili sauce
- In a bowl, combine the chili powder, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and cumin together to make a paste. Rub the paste all over the brisket and place it in the slow cooker. Sprinkle brisket with desired amount of pepper followed by the onion.
- In The same bowl you mixed the paste in. mix together the garlic, beef broth, liquid smoke, and chili sauce. Pour over the brisket.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- Remove from slow cooker and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Thicken cooking sauce in a sauce pan on the stove using about 1 tbsp water with 1 1/2 Tbsp water. Cook until thick. You may need more cornstarch and water mixture if sauce is not thicken enough.
- Slice brisket and serve with sauce. Serve 5-6 people.
Recipe adapted from Your Home Based Mom.