My most favorite thing to order at a bbq joint is beef brisket. It is always amazing. I love those tender slices of beef topped with a sweet tangy bbq sauce. It makes me one happy girl. Well, I recently decided to try an at home version made for slow cooker BBQ brisket.
In a bowl, you combine the chili powder, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and cumin together to make a paste. This paste gets spread all over the brisket before you place it in the slow cooker. Once it’s in the slow cooker, you’ll sprinkle some pepper over it and top it with some diced onion.
Then you are going to mix some garlic, beef broth, liquid smoke, and chili sauce together. This is then poured over the brisket. Now it’s slow and low time. This cooks in the slow cooker for 7-8 on low.
Once it’s cooked, you want to take all of those cooking juice and add them to a sauce pan. You’ll want to thicken the juices with a cornstarch slurry. Then it will turn into a tasty sauce to serve with the brisket.
I must say it was almost as good as what I get at those tasty bbq restaurants. The seasoning is perfect and the cooking juices to make a tasty sauce. If you love brisket like I do, then give this recipe a try!
- CHILI POWDER
- BROWN SUGAR
- WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE
- BEEF BRISKET
- BEEF BROTH
- LIQUID SMOKE
- CHILI SAUCE
Slow Cooker Beef Brisket
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 2-3 lb beef brisket
- ¼ onion chopped
- ¼ cup beef broth
- 1 ½ tsp liquid smoke
- 3 Tbsp chili sauce
- In a bowl, combine the chili powder, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and cumin together to make a paste. Rub the paste all over the brisket and place it in the slow cooker. Sprinkle brisket with desired amount of pepper followed by the onion.
- In the same bowl you mixed the paste in, mix together the garlic, beef broth, liquid smoke, and chili sauce. Pour over the brisket.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- Remove from slow cooker and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Thicken cooking sauce in a sauce pan on the stove using about 1 Tbsp cornstarch with 1 1/2 Tbsp water. Cook until thick. You may need more cornstarch and water mixture if sauce is not thicken enough.
- Slice brisket and serve with sauce. Serve 5-6 people.
Recipe adapted from Your Home Based Mom.