School is starting next week for my two kids that are at home. My oldest son left a few weeks ago to serve an LDS mission, so for two years we are a family of 4 now.
I must say, by this time each year, I can’t wait for back to school. Not because I don’t want my kids around, but I am ready for structure. It get pretty much thrown out the window during summer.
There is that adjustment period to get back to a regular school schedule. It also means finding meals for those crazy nights when you have a lot going on. Like when my daughter has dance and my son has swimming.
The recipe today for Easy Skillet BBQ Pork Chops, does take a little time to cook but prep time is a snap. I purchased thin pork chops to help cut down on the cooking time. I like to serve it with rice.
Easy Skillet BBQ Pork Chops
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 Tbsp oil
- salt and pepper
- 4-6 pork chops I used thin boneless
- ½ chopped onion
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 cup bbq sauce
- ⅓ cup orange juice
- Heat oil in a skillet. Season pork chops with salt and pepper. Cook pork chops just to brown on each side and remove from skillet.
- Add onion to skillet until clear. Add in garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Then add in the bbq sauce and orange juice.
- Add the pork chops back to the skillet. Cover and simmer for 20-45 minutes or until fully cooked. Cook around 20 minutes for thin pork chops and 45 for really thick. Turn once while simmering.
- Makes 4-6 servings.
Recipe adapted from Good Cheap Eats.