I love the flavor of applewood, but that usually involves using a smoker to get that flavor.
Today, I am sharing a recipe for grilled applewood chicken where you can achieve that flavor but no smoker needed thanks to a terrific seasoning mix from McCormick. All you need for this is a grill, some boneless skinless chicken breasts, and Grill Mates Applewood Rub.
All you do is take the chicken and rub the seasoning all over it. Then it’s time to hit the grill. I suggest oiling your grill or prepping with a grill spray before placing the chicken on the grill. Grill spray can be found at most grocery stores right with the non-stick cooking spay. Since this grilled applewood chicken is coated with a dry rub, the chicken tends to want to stick to the grill while cooking. The oiling or grill spray with help with this.
McCormick as other flavored rubs. Any of them can be swapped out for the applewood version. The other flavors include barbecue, honey hickory, maple bbq, mesquite, Memphis, and sweet & smoky.
You can serve this chicken by it self. However, I also think it would go perfectly on top of a salad. Like my bbq chicken salad would be a great option.
- BONELESS SKINLESS CHICKEN BREAST
- MCCORMICK GRILL MATES APPLEWOOD RUB
Grilled Applewood Chicken
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 ½ lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3 Tbsp. McCormick Grill Mates Applewood Rub
- Rub seasoning all over chicken breast to coat.
- Grill over medium to medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes per side or until cooked through. Serves 6.