I love the flavor of apple with pork. It’s one of those combinations that is meant to be. I have a slow cooked apple pork roast recipe for you today that includes apples.
It only takes 5 ingredients to make and the slow cooker does most of the work! You also use the remaining juices to make a sauce to serve over top. It was another tasty way to enjoy the combination of pork with apple.
Slow Cooked Apple Pork Roast
Real Mom Kitchen
- 4 medium apples sliced
- 2 onions sliced
- 3 lb. pork loin or roast
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups apple cider
- corn starch
- Place half of apples and onions in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Place the roast on top of the apples and onions. Cut slits in the roast about every inch. Insert some of the remaining apple slices in the slits.
- season the roast with salt and pepper, then top with the remaining apples and onions. The pour the apple cider around the roast.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Remove pork from slow cooker and allow to rest.
- Strain juiced from the slow cooker into a sauce pan. Mix about 1 Tbsp cork starch with 1 Tbsp water and whisk into the cooking juices. Cook over medium heat until thicken. Can use more cornstarch if needed to reach desired thickness.
- Shred pork roast and serve with sauce. Serves 6-8.
Recipe adapted from Mid Western Momma.