There is no need for hamburger helper when you have a great skillet beef and macaroni dish like this one. It comes together in about 30 minutes with ingredients I usually have on hand. There is pasta, ground beef, tomatoes and cheese and the major 4 ingredients.
The fact that this is all made in one pan is another thing that I love about this recipe. It makes the post dinner clean up so much easier.
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 2 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 (7 oz) pkg macaroni pasta or similar sized pasta
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- shredded parmesan cheese, for serving
- In a skillet, brown beef along with onion and red pepper. Drain off any excess grease.
- In in the tomato sauce, water, pasta, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Bring mixture to a boil. Then reduce to a simmer and cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 20-25 minutes until ppasta is tender. Add more water if needed. Serves 4-6.