These simply perfect classic waffles are a great way to start off the day. I love spring time. Also, I love to have a spring time breakfast or brunch. These would be excellent for a spring brunch too.
Wth the current situation with the corona virus, you more than likely will just be spending spring with those that live in your home. Large gatherings will not be happening. However, you can still have a fun spring gathering at your home.
This recipe is simple enough that you should be able to have the ingredients to make these. You can also top them however you like. Fresh fruit is one of my favorites. I also have a lot of recipes for toppings for sauces and syrups.
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp vegetable oil or canola oil
- 3 cups milk or buttermilk
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Make a well in the middle of the flour mixture. Break the eggs into the well and beat lightly with a fork.
- Add the oil and milk. Stir until moistened (Some lumps are ok. Doesn’t need to be smooth. Just moistened.)
- Add amount of batter required for your waffle iron. Cook until golden and crispy. My waffle iron uses 1/2 cup batter and made 12 waffles.
This recipe is adapted from Seasons and Suppers.